Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm Back!!

Ok, I have been seriously remiss in my blogging. In fact, it has been over a year since I last wrote anything. But perhaps it is time to start again. And maybe Melissa will as well.

I graduated from Liberty University with my Masters degree, and now I am left with the same thing that assails graduates everywhere of every age. Now what! I would like to teach, online or in the classroom would be fine. I have considered writing; I do have a novel kicking around in my head. And I have thought of starting my own business. But for the summer at least I am mostly just relaxing. After 7 years of school, on top of full time work and full time parent, it is nice to have a break this summer. But I can’t rest forever.

Midget is doing well, and still working hard at gymnastics. She has taken great strides into truly owning her sport and has shown some amazing dedication. But she is struggling with a bar skill called a kip, and without it she cannot move up to level 5. The only way she will get it is if she continues to increase her dedication by working on certain things at home, which she hopefully will start doing today. Otherwise it will be another year of level 4, which in itself is not really a bad thing, but I would love to see her move up.

On a personal note I decided last month to follow in my Sister-In-Law’s footsteps and take Taekwondo. At 41 this is NOT an easy feat. But so far things are going pretty well, though I am about as flexible as a tree. I am belt testing on Thursday, for a yellow belt. Lets hope I don’t blow it.

Anyway, just a rambling post for my return to the blogosphere, more to come soon, especially on the political front, since there is so much going on.

No comments: