Monday, August 17, 2009

C25K, Skipping Ahead

Last Friday I did W6D3 (Week 6 Day 3) of the Couch to 5K running plan. That had me do a 5 minute brisk walk as a warm up and then 25 minutes straight of jogging. I was nowhere near as nervous about this one as I was the week before, in fact I knew it wouldn't be an issue. I was right.

In fact it went so well that I decided to skip Weeks 7 and 8 and just go straight to the last week. So today I did W9D1, a 5 minute brisk warm up walk and then 30 minutes straight jogging. I was hoping I would make it the full 5k distance in that 30 minutes but it was not to be. I made it 2.71 miles, or 4.36 km, which is close but not there yet. But no worries, it is only a matter of time.

My other change this week is I am going from doing 3 runs a week to 4 runs. I will be running on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I will be doing the same run as above, though hopefully a bit farther, on Wednesday and Thursday and then on Saturday I will push it out to a 5K and see how that goes.

No comments: