Monday, August 24, 2009

I agree with Obama on something

Apparently President Obama addressed a group of congressman in Iowa stating that he is willing to be a one-term president if need be to make health care reform his legacy.

I think he was trying to be noble by saying he is willing to be unpopular in order to do what he thinks is right. But what came across to me is that he, and the rest of the Dems pushing for this, are so arrogant that they are willing to force an unpopular measure through for teh good of everyone else.

Gotta love when representatives don't listen to those they represent. And according to some polls out now we are looking at some big swings in seats in 2010. Which is good.

But the part I agree with Obama about? I am willing for him to be a one-term president too.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I would have liked his term to be over by now. 2012 seems so far away!

AbChao said...

Have to agree, but I will take what I can get.